AsteriskNOW and Cisco 7940G
Was working on Asterisk configuration with CISCO 7940 IP phones.
There are many links which let configure this phone, this is just an overview of what I did to get this up and running
Configuring AsteriskNow is very simple. Below are the details to setup a IP-PBX.
- Old CPU laying somewhere.
- IP Phone (Cisco 7940/7960)
- DHCP and TFTP Server (for Firmware upgrade)
- Download AsteriskNOW
- Configure Asterisk. (More howto later, for now important is to create users without NAT)
- Create a Trunk
- Create a Dialplan
- Create users (On catch here is when we create a User make sure to uncheck “NAT“)
- Configure IP Phone used the link here which is very helpful (Attached are files required firmware / conf files etc).
Thats it !! IP phone should be up and running.